Web Design for Holiday Chalet Rental Business
Wightbay Holidays is a holiday chalet rental business run by David and Gillian Cotton. They have 4 units for rent in the Yaverland-based chalet park.
In 2016, we were approached by the couple to help them develop a custom website to help promote the launch of their new business.
So, we got down to talking and we soon saw that there was a very unqiue brand here that had many USPs.
I soon decided that the project would be worthy of supporting.
Sandown Bay Holiday Centre is the location of Wightbay Holidays.
It’s a popular holiday destination on the Isle of Wight, visited by younger families and elder guests alike for its natural beauty and remote situation.
The aim with the website was to:
- Communicate the chalet’s unique characterful refurbishment
- Present an immersive user experience (it had to feel like you’re there already)
- Exhaustive in detail – no question unanswered
David and Gillian’s handiwork set new standards of presentation among their fellow holiday home owners on the park:
- Distinctive interior and exterior of each holiday homes
- Their chalets were some of the only ones to be kitted out with WiFi broadband
- Hundreds of property photos to use in the web build
- Showcase each individual chalet
- Online booking form
- Blog integration
- RSS feed from Red Funnel ferries
- Wooden cladding exterior is key (not only does it look great, but adds necessary thermal insulation)
- Seagulls, sun and life ring
- It’s like having a virual tour of the park and each home
- Website with blog
- Business card design
- Promotional video
A delighted husband and wife team who’ve put in tons of hard work to making their business stand out.
And now, it’s online home is equally as welcoming.