Are you thinking about hiring a web design company in Sandown?
Good news…web design in Sandown just got *10x better* 🎯
Hello, we’re Maguire Web and we’re determined to make a business in Sandown successful.
My only question is…
Will it be yours?
A little bit about your new web designers…
Welcome, we’re Cole (husband) and Raine (wife). We own and run Maguire WEB.
For the last 11 years, we’ve been full-time professional web designers.
We’re dedicated to giving small businesses a big boost online.
Some facts about Cole:
- MSc. in Marketing Management
- Builds profitable websites that generate leads and sales
Some facts about Raine:
- Freelance technical copywriter
- Bespoke web graphic & logo designer
- Worked with some industry leading brands like Indeed.com
Some facts about our business:
- We’re sole proprietors
- Work from home
- Have great references
- Never outsource project (but have trusted contributors)
- Not happy, unless you are
“Why Maguire?” (Why not?!)
What makes Maguire #1 for best web design in Sandown?
We have the knack of making small businesses stand out and grab the attention of the marketplace.
Once a customer visits your website, they’ll remember the experience.
We’ve found that is one of the most rewarding experiences our customers have in owning one of our web designs.
Top 5 tips for hiring a web designer in Sandown?
- Ask for a free wireframe: this is a mock-up of how your design will be laid out.
- Always own your hosting & domain name: whoever owns & controls the web host, controls the website.
- Get a quality logo design: it’s the first thing a customer sees.
- Request a CMS (content management system): guaranteed you’ll want to tweak the content in the future, a CMS makes this beginner friendly.
- Insist on an SEO audit: this will prove you should be found online.
What our web design will do for you…
We’re ROI (return on investment) focused.
We simply won’t take on the project unless we are confident of making you your money back many times over.
From the outset we make your business our business and set firm goals of performance.
In essence, we make your website do whatever your business needs.
Our most popular web design services
These are the 2 example web design packages that we sell the most of:
Lead Generation Site
Generate enquiries directly through your website.
…80+ pages ranking on the 1st page of Google, with about 8 new enquiries generated every day.
- custom web design
- 6 main navigation page
- lead gen landing landing pages
- bespoke contact form
- email notifications/alerts
Online Shop Site
Start selling goods and taking payments online.
…30% increase in online sales.
- custom web design
- 6 main navigation page
- eCommerce shop install
- product pages
- payment gateway configuration
- email invoices and notifications
Ready to consider our website design prices?
Affordable web design Sandown
Here’s a quick price list of our web design rates:
- Hosting set-up: £50.00
- Email account set-up: £35.00
- Uniquely written SEO web pages: £125.00 up to 800 words per page
- Up to 12 custom web graphics: £120.00
- Custom logo design: £85.00
- Business card design: £75.00
- Flyer design: £35.00
- Letter head design: £20.00
- Branded social media set-up: £45.00
Let’s put that all into context:
A construction company wanting will pay £790.00 (inc. 25% discount):
- brand new logo,
- custom 7 page website (with hosting and email set-up) and
- business stationery
So, a 7-page custom web design will cost £790.00.
What makes our web design process so different?
We’re goal oriented. Set your business goals and then we reverse engineer your online successes.
- Discovery session: we interview you to find out your business goals
- Wire frame: digital sketch of home page and other page types
- Site architecture: map out the best organisation of web pages
- Keyword research: identify the search phrases used by target audiences
- SEO plan: optimise the ranking of website on Google search
- UI/UX plan (inc. page layout): optimise flow of users through the website
- Custom theme development: build a custom website appearance
- Web graphic design: make bespoke graphical inserts for the website
- Copy writing: technically researched and written web pages
- Web app configuration (contact forms etc.): set up interactive elements of page
- Site & web page SEO: set meta-tags, descriptions and advanced technical SEO settings.
- Google Console and Analytics Set-Up: use Google tools to monitor site performance.
- Testing emails and notifications: making sure your communications are watertight.
- Google and Bing indexing: get your pages into the search pages asap.
Whether your business goals for your website are short, middle or long – we give your the control you need to steer your site into a great success.
What do we use to make our websites?
For web hosting we recommend WPMUDEV for WordPress websites.
In our experience, they’re the most technically talented, responsive and
Content management system
We use WordPress CMS mostly to build our websites.
It the most advanced, yet beginner-friendly web builder on the market.
Plus, it’s the most popular – by a long way (in fact, 43% of all websites online use WordPress.)
Woocommerce for WordPress is our go-to.
Both the plugin itself and the add-ons or extensions are familiar to us.
We’ve got the most experience with this platform and some solid successes and demonstrable results.
Specialist WordPress plugins and themes
- Gravity Forms
- Gravity Flow
- Gravity Perks
- Genesis Framework
- ACF plugin
- CSS (including: Frameworks like Bootstrap)
Web Design FAQs
What is web design to us? And what are the advantages of hiring a web designer?
Web design is the process of establishing a website.
It’s the bringing together of various elements inc:
- functional web files
- page copy
- in-page dynamic functions
…which all contribute to how a website looks and handles to users.
A winning user experience is the key objective.
Getting users to find the value they seek from your website is key.
A web designer with the experience and track record of:
- generating web traffic
- converting the users into paying customers
…is more likely to get results and a return on investment than if you made your own website (without experience).
Therefore, it costs money to gain the professional expertise of a developer/designer – but it’s money that is highly likely to make yet more money which will come back.
Web design vs. web development?
Web development on the other hand involves, by nature, writing of code to customise functionality or appearance.
Quick web design tips
Visual elements Layout (Wireframe)
No matter how simple the website, it always pays to have your web designer produce a layout diagram of the eventual design first.
This sets a firm scope of what the end results must contain.
Adaptive vs. responsive web design
A responsive web design is one that has a page layout that adapts to positioning of page features to accommodate the size and dimensions of the user’s device i.e. mobile or tablet.
An adaptive web design is one that serves up differently designed layouts for each device.
How important is typography to web design?
Typography complements the aesthetic of the site.
The letter shapes that work best with the style of website add to the user experience.
Typography that is jarring to the general style scheme will only distract the reader and cause lower conversions.
Quality of web design code
The are two compelling reasons for quality web design code.
Firstly, quality code lasts the test of time and encounters must less malfunctions over time.
Therefore, it’s always best to ensure your web designer will be using builders and add-ons with pristine written code.
Secondly, as is often the case, you’re likely to use more than one web developer for your website. Quality written web code makes for a seamless handover of work between web professionals.
Dynamic web development
Modern websites move.
Their content is constantly being processed and regurgitated into a variety of displays.
It all improves the user experience. Technically it works by database request.
And the web language, calling and putting data between the database and the site is PHP.
As WordPress developers, we are very accustomed to using PHP to customise the dynamic nature of websites.
This leads to very satisfying user journeys through the site.
Colour theory in web design
Colours work to balance.
And amplify instruction.
We work very carefully to enhance user experience by presenting a colour palette that adds value rather than distraction.
This contributes greatly to the conversion rate of viewers into customers, subscribers or enquirers.
Cross browser web design
We all use difference browsers to view the internet. And each browser has it’s own peculiarities that affect how they represent websites.
So, when you make a website, you make it for users who might use every browser. Therefore, browser testing before go-live must be rigorous.
We ensure that whether by Firefox, Chrome, Edge or other – your website appears and works consistently across the board.
We make fast websites
Websites perform best when they load quickly.
The no.1 are of intolerance and frustration expressed by online users is a slow or glitchy website.
We make sure every website delivered is coded and build using the best, most lightweight standards to ensure the fastest results.
We measure performance against Google’s Core Web Vital standards.
SEO web design
We build websites that get found online by the right audiences – without advertisement.
This sustainable method of online marketing via organic Google search works out MANY times more profitable than PPC or paid advertisement.
Keen to hire Maguire as your Sandown Web designers?
Contact us below: